Wednesday, February 20, 2013

God Moment

If any of my readers know me in person, you know that I am... um... enthusiastic.

Let's just say there are some times when I get so excited that my words can't come out as fast as my mind is working. 

Right now I'm having one of those moments. And no, my fingers can't type as fast as my mind is working either. It's a problem. Because I just had one of those fantastic God moments that make me look up and go, "Okay! I see You!"


I am severely anxious about being so young. 

I graduated college after two years of study (when I was 20). 
I took "a year off" (you're allowed to laugh at that, friends) while I was trying to figure out what to do with my life (I'll be 21 in two weeks).
I start seminary in the fall. 
I will graduate (God willing) and receive my first call 4 years later (when I'm 25 years old). 

I was expressing this fear to one of my best friends Rachel at dinner tonight. I am terrified that people won't want to hear the Word from a 25 year old chick. Heck, I am afraid that people won't want to hear anything from a 25 year old chick. 

"I'm going to be expected to counsel people! Give them real life advice!" I was ranting (rather loudly) at the restaurant. "How am I going to do that?" We eventually went on with the conversation, talking about plans with my boyfriend and what we were doing next weekend. But I was still thinking about how terrifying it will be to be only 25 years old when I am called to a church. 

When the couple sitting next to us got up to leave from dinner, the man said, "excuse me, may I say something?" 

"I just want you to know that I would listen to you. If what you said was through God's Word and in the right Spirit, I would listen to you. Even at 25. And my wife and I are almost 60. You shouldn't feel threatened because you are young."

Okay! I see You! 



No comments:

Post a Comment