Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ticked Off

Let me preface life by saying that I am in love with this song. If you haven't noticed by various other posts, I mostly enjoy my feelings through songs and song lyrics. Kacey Musgraves is releasing her first album on March 19th and I will shameless plug her until then. Because I think she is fantastic. And a good person. And being a good person is important. With that, continue to read on...



I'm really ticked off at humanity.

And I'm only saying "ticked off" because using anything stronger would be inappropriate for a semi-Christian blog. (Even though you better believe that I'm thinking it!)

Does anyone else get like this sometimes? All the time? Do people just get really under your skin?

Is it because we have this book that contains all of the wonderful things that Jesus did? Is the Bible the cause of our grief with humanity? Or is it our own humanity that really ticks us off about other people?

I don't really have an answer for the sources of my mood, except something that keeps happening in my life and the lives of thousands, if not millions, of other people on a daily basis.

I don't understand racism.

In fact, it took me three tries to even spell racism before I got it right. I don't see color. Similarly, something else I don't understand is prejudice of any sort. I don't see sexuality. I don't see intelligence. I don't see the job you have or the clothes you wear. I don't see your taste of music or where you used to live.

And I certainly don't love that way.

But I'm not perfect. (We already talked about this... see two posts below...) Oh, I'm definitely not perfect. Because I see in love. I judge people by how much love they have for humanity (so obviously my self worth is in the pits right now).

I really really dislike people who are racist. Or sexist. Or ageist (It's a real thing, okay?) Or sexuality-ist (I made that one up).

And that's not okay. We are supposed to hate the sin, not the sinner. And I'm sometimes really bad about hating the sinner. Especially when I don't even understand the sin. But I don't claim that my ignorance is a good reason to judge people.

I just think it's really hard to separate the sin from the sinner. I want  to believe that God loves me more than Hitler. And more than the racist people that sneer at my boyfriend and I in the mall. And more than people who hate homosexuals.

But that's just not true.

God loves everyone.

Equally.

And geez, that sucks.

God doesn't see sexuality, age, color, taste in music, background, or even sins that you committed thirty seconds ago. All He is sees is His perfect child because Jesus died and made us perfect.

Perfect.

We are all God's children. That's all He sees. Saved by the grace and mercy from His Son's crucifixion.

When people start realizing that we should love to love because Jesus loves and not because of the color of our skin, how many piercings we have, or whether or not we go to church, then humanity won't look so stupid. And we might look a little bit more like the Kingdom of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment